The DAKM WBP Khyber Rifle:
These rifles are built by our professional team with all the fine tuning and attention to detail we have become known for over the past decade. You can expect a top quality shooter that will be accurate and endure a lifetime of hard use. We leave nothing left untouched and guarantee this firearm will be one of the best defensive tools you own.
Standard features on Definitive Arms handcrafted AKs:
- All parts and components receive a 1-to-1 inspection to make sure they’re free of defects and in spec. We replace or repair anything that is not in spec or functioning as it should. No detail is overlooked in order to guarantee you have a top quality defensive tool in your possession.
- We hand fit every piece during the build process to insure the highest quality tool is delivered. No two AKs are alike, they must be built 1 to 1 for the best possible outcome. The use of quick jigs and mass production practices may yield higher output and less expensive offerings, but in order to build the most accurate, durable, and smoothest functioning AK available, one has to spend time fitting every piece of the rifle. There is no way around it.
- All Press fits are gauged and adjusted 1-to-1. Barrel into the front trunnion, rear sight block, gas block and front sight, are all installed within a tolerance of pressure during installation which leads to increased accuracy and rigidity of the front end.
- All barrel components individually inspected and aligned during assembly to produce a straight and accurate rifle with a consistent recoil impulse.
- Barrel and all components are pinned via rigid fixturing in a mill with precision drilled and reamed holes that are fitted with precision ground pins made from heat treated alloy steel. This greatly improves rigidity and accuracy.
- All riveting operations are done one at a time in specialty tooling to remove all blind gaps in the components.
- Press formed dimpling of receivers and machine chamfered components insure the highest yield strength possible where swell neck rivets are used.
- Rivets formed on gauged presses to regulate tonnage with exacting pressures. Key to repeatable accuracy with AKs.
- Head spaced with Go, No-Go, Field, and assortment of in spec cartridges to ensure proper function of the firearm.
- Chambers are machine beveled and fully polished to ensure clean reliable feed, proper gas sealing during firing, and easy extraction post firing.
- Extractor claws are polished on the front edge to ease friction while seating over the cartridge rim, and sharpened on the back side to assist in proper extraction. Greatly improves reliability in undesirable conditions.
- Actions points, friction surfaces, carrier rails, camming surfaces and other common areas where high friction is endured are stoned or lightly polished to improve both the felt functionality and reliability.
- Completely and thoroughly refinished with attention to detail. Every single applicable piece is handled, processed, and plated to ensure a tough and adequate level of coverage on all surfaces. Down to the small hardware and tiny components hidden away inside the host. Completely submerged in multiple tanks to ensure the highest level of applied finish.